About Family Catechism
Family Catechism is simple – families gathering to share their Faith through ongoing community, prayer, and formation. Essentially, the purpose of this initiative is to see families work together in their common task of faith formation.
Elements of Family Catechism
7 Subscribing Principles
Family Catechism is founded on seven subscribing principles. The efforts, activities and initiatives of Family Catechism are rooted in and directed by these principles.
- Complete adherence to the teachings of the Magisterium of the Roman Catholic Church.
- Acceptance of the right and duty of parents to be the primary educators of their children.
- This formational enterprise is a lay endeavour – not clerical.
- Instruction will not criticize clergy. Instruction will support clear teaching of the Roman Catholic Church in a positive manner.
- Parents and their children take part in this endeavour. Parents participate either as instructors or as participants in a parent formation class thereby demonstrating that they have an active and living faith.
- The framework of the teaching enterprise is a community effort. As such, a fraternal bond and social interaction between families is to be fostered.
- There is a joyful duty of apostolate for individuals and the group to follow the Holy Father’s call to evangelize.
Family Foundations Institute is happy to provide complimentary access to Formed.org for all of your family faith formation resources. Formed is the Catholic Faith on demand with thousands of movies, programs, audio, and books. Follow the instructions below to claim your access to Formed.
Family Catechism Locations
Happening every other weekend from October to April.
Registration fees for family catechism goes towards the cost of the use of facilities and technology and the purchase of supplies or other teaching materials. Financial assistance is available if required – contact firstname.lastname@example.org
*For exact dates and times please contact the catechism coordinator email@example.com or contact your specific location coordinator
Matt and Raiya Jang
Our Lady of Lourdes Parish
106 Yonge St S, Elmvale, ON L0L 1P0
The Kerby Centre
1133 7th Ave, SW, Calgary, AB T2P 1B2
RJ and Alma
St. Thomas More Catholic Church
210 Haddow Close NW, Edmonton, AB T6R 2P3
St Peter and the Missions Catholic Parish
850 Garafraxa St N, Durham, ON N0G 1R0
Ian and Fiona Mendes
Woodland Christian High School
1058 Spitzig Rd, Breslau, ON N0B 1M0
Steve and Krista Huver
6100 Calvert Dr, Strathroy, ON N7G 3H5
Steve and Liz Rebello
St. Clement’s Catholic School
4319 Bloor St W, Etobicoke, ON M9C 2A2
Nick and Ina Rocha
26 Mallard Road, Toronto, Ontario, M3B 1S3
Stephen and Kari Gay
St. Anthony's Catholic School
391 Booth St, Ottawa, ON K1R 7K5
Tara & Terry Costain
St. Patrick’s Catholic High School
1001 The Rapids Parkway, Sarnia, ON N7S 6K2
Maria Walsh, Dave Charlesworth, Nicki Merkel