It’s a good idea to seek a professional opinion on your experiences if:
1. You are unable to perform daily activities or maintain your regular responsibilities.
2. You feel unable to cope or you feel as though you are “barely scraping by” in your daily life.
3. Your experiences have resulted in serious emotional, physical, or financial harm to yourself or others.
4. You have contemplated suicide.
5. You are hearing voices, seeing things, or having other sensorial experiences that cannot be perceived by others.
6. Your family, loved ones, or colleagues have expressed concern for your wellbeing or suggested that you consult a professional.
7. You have engaged in destructive behavior, such as self-injury, restricting food intake, purging, or excessive alcohol or drug use.